Tennessee state laws prohibited restaurants from brewing and selling beer until 1992, so the craft beer industry did not get started until then.
- Bosco's Restaurant and Brewing Company in Overton Square is Tennessee's oldest brewpub; has a full-fledged restaurant to accompany the beer.
- Wiseacre Brewery on Broad Ave has a nice outdoor area as well where food trucks visit.
- High Cotton Brewing Company on Monroe Ave is right next to UTHSC campus; there is a food area next door.
- Crosstown Brewing Company is right next to Crosstown Concourse which has a bunch of food options.
- Ghost River Brewery has a taproom in the trendy South Main neighborhood just south of downtown.
- Memphis Made Brewing Company on Cooper Avenue has an attached tap room.
- Meddlesome Brewing has a taproom in Cordova; will fill cans and growlers for you.
- Rock'n Dough in Germantown serves pizza, burgers, pasta and beer; they have samplers where you can try a few of their beers.
There is exactly one distillery in Memphis.
- Old Dominick Distillery is located in the South Main area and offers tours of their facility.
Other places to consider: